Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 3: Family Time

This week  our family chose names to be kinder to each other. I thought to get a Boston Cream Pie for Daddy. But the sad thing is that I wanted it to be a surprise. And Daddy had to get the cake. And Grace was really nice to me this week. This was a nice and kinder week for our family. And we had lots of fun.

A note from the mom...I guess it's hard to be too reflective when you're eight, so I wanted to add what a difference these intentional acts of kindness made this week. Our house was noticeably kinder, more patient,  and more thoughtful when we all had a special someone to be kind to that week. Did I still yell at the kids while I was rushing them out the door in the morning? Yeah, but not as often. Were the girls precious little angels to each other all week? Absolutely not. Did Sam understand or even care why his dad gave him a new Mickey Mouse dvd leftover from Christmas? Nope. But because being kind and thoughtful was at the top of the agenda this week, it really did make a difference.
Grace wrote names for us to draw.

I chose a Boston Cream Pie for daddy.

This is Grace, Sam and me eating our chocolate marshmallow
from Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment